Drop-in centres in Oldham
The Salvation Army
Drop-in centre for homeless people every Friday 11.00am – 1.00pm.
The Salvation Army
Oldham, OL1 3SE
- Free drinks and snacks
- Newspapers and board games
- A listening ear and someone to talk to
- Housing related advice
- Accept referrals for food parcels from outside agencies
Christchurch Church Hall
Drop-in centre for homeless people every Monday (apart from Bank Holidays) 1.00pm – 2.30pm.
Oldham, OL9 7QB
(corner of Block Lane and Oxford Street)
- Free soup and sandwich
- Advice and support available
- ‘Food Store’ open Mondays and Fridays from 10.00am – 12.00pm (food parcels are given out to anyone who is homeless, or on benefits & engaged with drug/alcohol/mental health agencies)
The Welcome Centre
Drop-in centre 10.30am – 12.00pm every day (except Tuesday and Sunday).
St Aidan & Oswald RC Church
Royton, OL2 5DL
Phone: 0161 624 1322
- Free meals
- Can provide clothing
Failsworth Salvation Army Community Church
Not specifically aimed at homeless people (like the one at the Egerton Rooms) but anyone who would otherwise be alone.
572 Oldham Road
Failsworth, M35 9DQ
Phone: 0161 682 0070
- Sometimes able to provide food parcels
- Café on Mondays from 12.00pm and often provide meals free of charge to people who are in need
The Welcome Project
A destitution project every Thursday 1.00pm – 3.00pm aimed at failed asylum seekers/asylum seekers awaiting benefits.
Oldham Baptist Church
Oldham, OL1 1BA
Phone: 0161 624 1214
- Provide food parcels, bus fares, clothing, & blankets
- A place to socialise and meet others
- Asylum seekers are required to show their paperwork
Emergency food for local people in crisis.
Drop-in centres in Rochdale
Petrus Day Centre
73 Great George Street
Rochdale, OL16 1QG
Phone: 01706 526289
Drop-in centre/signposting service for homeless and other vulnerable people .
Open 9.00am – 4.00pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (Wednesday 9.00am – 2.00pm).
- Free breakfast from 9.00am – 10.00am
- Support and advice available plus use of office phone
- Laundry facilities, shower/bath, clothing store available
- Emergency support provided (food/clothes)
Daily drop-in 11.30am – 2.00pm.
Evening drop-in Monday to Thursday 6.30pm – 8.00pm.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 11.30am – 2.00pm for a food service.
Stockport, SK1 1ND
Phone: 0161 477 6344
- Free meals and showers
- Benefits and housing advice
Soup runs take place every evening in Manchester City Centre (on Store Street, behind Piccadilly Train Station) at approximately 8.00pm.
24, Clegg Street,
Oldham, OL1 1PL
Phone: 0161 622 1061
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 11.00am – 2.00pm.
Friday, 11.00am – 4.00pm